June 2016

A:

Cobalt may not be water soluble in the body. Therefore, a high amount may be unhealthy, not necessary toxic unless the amount is extremely high.

You may want to consult with a Naturopathic doctor.


 Answer by email

Vitamin B12 question

Hello I have taken a hair mineral test and it came back that I have high levels of cobalt. I was taking a liquid vitamin B12 supplement by Now Vitamins and I'm pretty sure that's why it is high. I'm very confused because I was told that Cobalt is a necessary Trace mineral but I read up on something else and it said that it is a toxic heavy metal.